Looking for the perfect travel gift for that travel-obsessed person in your life? It can often be a challenge!
But I’ve got you covered. From books to inspire an epic travel experience to eco travel goods to must-have travel tech, this gift guide has 25 awesome gift ideas to make your holiday shopping easier. I’ve chosen gifts that cost a few bucks and others that are a bit more of investment.
This gift guide for travellers (or maybe inspiration for yourself?) will help you find the perfect gift for that special someone in your life with a serious case of wanderlust. Many of these items I own and love myself, while others are dreamy gifts that I have on my own wishlist.
This blog post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you book or buy something through one of these links, I may earn a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
1. Get Your Guide gift card
While I’m an independent traveller, I really appreciate the insights and knowledge of a local guide when I visit a new city. Walking tours, cooking classes and foodie experiences enable a deeper understanding of a place and provide the chance to interact with locals who want to share what’s great about their city.
I usually buy tours direct with a company or through a provider like Get Your Guide.
If you’re not sure what someone will like, then buy them a gift card and they can choose from thousands of different tours across the world.
2. Language classes
Does the special someone in your life love to learn new skills? Perhaps they want to learn a few words of Spanish before they jet off to Mexico? Check local language schools in your area to see what classes are on offer.
I’m a big fan of iTalki because you actually speak with someone, which is the best way to learn a language. Classes are online, so they’re affordable, and iTalki teachers are native speakers. I’ve had Spanish and French teachers through this platform.
3. Tesalate towel
I used to receive a new beach towel every year for Christmas when I was a kid, but they were nothing like these Tesalate towels.
You’ve probably heard everyone raving about these towels or seen them on your Insta feed. They’re completely sand-free – with some sort of wizardry (Tesalate would say it’s because of their patented fabric technology) you simply shake the sand off so you’ll never be carting gritty sand through your car or backpack.
They’re also lightweight, dry super fast and pack up in a small bundle.
But, maybe most importantly, they have a range of beautiful designs to choose from. (I have the Sunseeker, which is actually more of a peach colour rather than pink like in the image below.)
These towels and beach blankets make the perfect gift for any beach lover or traveller, while gym junkies will love their new range of gym towels.
They’re also pup approved 🙂
4. Merino wool clothing
My secret weapon when I’m travelling? Merino wool.
This stuff is magic. I can wear merino wool clothing for weeks and it still smells fresh. It doesn’t wrinkle and it keeps sweat at bay.
Plus, these Unbound Merino t-shirts and travel dresses are actually stylish. They’ve got men’s and women’s clothing that would make a perfect gift for the minimalist traveller. (And they have gift cards if you’re not 100% sure what they’ll like.)
5. Electronics organiser
I never realised that I was missing an essential item in my life until I got myself an electronics organiser. Who knew?
This electronics organiser is such an organisational life-saver. On our recent USA road trip, no longer did we have to rifle through bags trying to find an iPhone charger as we desperately watched our phones drain to 1%. All our electronic bits and bobs were kept neatly together. It’s well-padded to protect all your precious gear, too.
I also couldn’t believe how much it can fit: I jammed in a Kindle, three iPhone cords, a large multi-port, camera USB cards, camera cables, a portable hard drive – and still had room.
- NO CHAOS – double compartments, various mesh pockets to hold the external hard drive, power bank, charging adapter, various rubber of different lengths bands prevent cables from getting tangled
- TABLET ORGANIZER – 1 mesh pocket with zipper for iPad mini, Kindle or small keyboard, 1 outer pocket provides quick access to your passport, flight ticket when traveling
- PROTECTION – Durable and water-repellent 300D polyester with inner padding, the electronics organizer protects electronics accessories from dust, shock, and moisture
6. Travel pillow
No one wants to wake up from a flight or road trip with drool dribbling down their chin and a crick in their neck.
While there’s not much you can do about the drool, you can help your loved ones avoid a sore neck by buying them a travel pillow. Don’t bother with those blow-up travel pillows you see in the airport shops, instead go for something that’s actually useful and comfortable.
I LOVE my Trtl travel pillow. It wraps around your neck like a scarf but has an insert that props your head up so that it doesn’t jerk around as you nod off. The outer layer is really soft and it’s machine washable (to get rid of that drool). It also packs up pretty small, so it’s easily transportable.
There’s another travel pillow I keep seeing everywhere: the Ostrichpillow Go. It’s stylish and compact so it’s easy to carry on a flight.
- PREMIUM COMFORT: Experience a new level of relaxation with our high-density BASF memory foam. It molds seamlessly to your neck, providing optimal support and neck alignment while traveling.
- 360º ERGONOMIC DESIGN: With a Velcro closure for customised adjustment, this neck pillow firmly holds your chin, ensuring complete neck alignment with your spine. Say goodbye to neck and cervical aches after a flight.
- ASYMMETRICAL SIDES: Ostrichpillow Go offers unequal sides for flexibility in resting positions. Use it with the closure facing forward or backward to find the perfect fit for your comfort.
7. Travel coffee mug
Every coffee drinker (or tea/hot chocolate drinker) should have a travel coffee mug, for travelling and when they’re at home. They avoid the need for takeaway coffee cups, most of which aren’t recyclable and end up in landfill.
- Autoseal technology is leak- and spill-proof
- Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 with Thermalock vacuum insulation
- One-handed drinking with the push of a button
- Easy-Clean Lid opens completely for thorough cleaning and locks for added peace of mind
- Fits in most car cup holders and under most single-serve brewers
8. Packing cubes
Every traveller needs packing cubes in their life. These little babies are great at keeping clothes organised.
It’s the only way I travel now. I put all my tops in one cube, bottoms in another, dresses in another (and so on and so on). It means I’m not riffling through my whole suitcase trying to find one thing. I simply pull out my colour-coded (oh how nerdy do I sound?) packing cube and voilà! You can also keep dirty clothes away from your clean stuff.
I most recently bought these Bagail packing cubes and really like them, but I also have a few Eagle Creek packing cubes. Peak Design also has highly rated packing cube products (although their products are on the higher price end).
- HIGH QUALITY: Made of high-quality NYLON
- VALUED &CONVENIENT:Mesh top panel for easy identification of contents, and ventilation. These cubes will go the distance. No broken zippers, no weak stitching. Bagail Packing Cubes will become your most valued and reliable travel buddy!
- AVOID OVERWEIGHT CHARGES – Your 6 piece set fits like a glove into most airline carry-on suitcases, tote, weekender, backpacks and duffel bags. Great way to keep organized for FAMILY breaks, BUSINESS travel, BACKPACKING, CAMPING, HIKING, RV, CRUISE holidays & SADDLEBAGS. Take 1 cube with you as a carry-on item to reduce weight on checked-in luggage.
9. Reusable water bottle
Who drinks throwaway plastic bottles anymore these days? Not me, that’s for sure. I always travel with a reusable water bottle and fill it up whenever and wherever I can. It feels so good to not be buying plastic bottles that likely end up in landfill!
For your eco-conscious traveller, this BPA-free Nomader water bottle makes an excellent gift. It’s especially great because when it’s not full of water, it rolls up. So, you can easily stuff it in your bag before you go through the security line, and then fill up once you’re inside the airport.
And if your frequent traveller friend or loved one is someone who often travels to places where the water quality ain’t so good, then I’ve heard great things about the Grayl water bottle, which filters dodgy water into drinkable liquid.
- PORTABLE – sturdy and comfortable to drink from while on-the-go; rolls up for compact travel when empty; convenient to carry with hand strap
- LEAKPROOF – patented twist cap and lid prevents water leaks; hinged cover shields drink spout in between sips
- HEALTHY – made of 100% food-grade materials; BPA-free, BPS-free, phthalates-free, lead-free, and latex-free
- VERSATILE – freezable; dishwasher safe (top rack); wide mouth makes it easy to refill, add ice, and clean with bottle brush
- DURABLE – tough enough to survive drops with flexible, shatter-proof silicone body, keeping you hydrated NOMADer the activity
10. Travel guidebooks
Is your friend or family member planning an upcoming trip? Or do they need some inspiration for their next post-pandemic trip? Get them a guidebook so they can start planning.
I’m partial to Lonely Planet books. I’ve been using them since my first overseas trip. I love the detailed history and culture sections, and being able to flip back and forth through a physical book.
- Hardcover Book
- Planet, Lonely (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 320 Pages – 02/21/2023 (Publication Date) – Lonely Planet (Publisher)
11. Portable washing bag
For the long-term traveller or hiker or camper in your life, I introduce the Scrubba!
This is like a mini washing machine you can throw in your bag and it’s a gamer-changer for anyone on the move.
On our recent road trip around half of Australia, we had this washing bag with us with us. It was a lifesaver when we were miles away from civilisation (and washing machines). All it takes is a few minutes of scrubbing and voila! Fresh, clean clothes.
- FAST & CONVENIENT: The patented washboard-in-a-bag design gives a machine quality wash in just minutes and you can wash anywhere – perfect for hotels, hostels, camping, backpacking, dorm rooms, RVs and scout trips.
- SO SMALL AND LIGHT: Weighing just 5.3 oz. and folding to pocket-size, this world’s smallest washing machine takes up no space and lets you travel clean, light and free.
12. Travel jewellery organiser
I hate when my necklaces get tangled up when I travel, or I lose earrings or rings in the bottom of a bag. So a travel jewellery organiser is a great present for someone who travels with a few decorative pieces to jazz up their travel outfits.
The one I own is from Home Goods so I don’t have a link to share. But if I had to replace it, I’d choose this Brouk and Co travel organiser. It’s for both cosmetics and jewellery.
- Lower zippered jewelry compartment features two enclosed pockets, rings/earrings pillow, and mirror
- 9.5” (L) x3.5” (W) x 6” (H)
- Made of premium vegan leather
- Nylon lining on top, soft-Suede lining on bottom
- A smart solution for the savvy traveler
13. Expandable backpack
I’m like Goldilocks when it comes to backpacks. I find one that looks great but it’s just too small. Then another one just isn’t comfortable. This Knack Pack, however, is just right. It can fit the basics for when you’re exploring during the day, but it also expands so that it squeezes in what’s needed for 2-3 days of travelling.
It also looks fantastic and is a great bag for business travellers who don’t want to cart a wheelie bag around with them.
14. Travel set
Plane travel can be brutal, so frequent flyers need some goodies to comfort them on the way. (PS. I have a whole guide to long haul flight essentials as well!)
This gorgeous cashmere travel set with blanket, socks and eye mask will make even the longest flight a little comfier. Because it’s 100% cashmere, everything is super soft. It also includes a case so nothing gets lost – and the case can even be used as a pillowcase for airline cushions.
The perfect luxe gift for the frequent long-haul traveller in your life.
- Set contains 100% pure cashmere blanket, socks, eye mask & carry case and is a compact size to fit in carry-on luggage. The cashmere carry case also doubles as a pillowcase for airline cushions.
- The generous sized cashmere travel blanket is 60” x 35” and will ensure you are completely covered while the cashmere socks will keep your feet cozy without feeling tight or restrictive.
- The cashmere eye mask is soft and weightless while providing full coverage for the darkness you need to sleep.
15. Wine bags
You can’t visit any wine region without picking up a few bottles of the local drop. Help your wine-loving friends keep them safe with a few protective wine bags. I have several of these wine bags and have never lost a bottle!
They’re cheap so they’d be a great option for a stocking stuffer.
- ★UPGRADED TRIPLE PROTECTION – 4 set (8 pieces) wine travel bags provides the Triple Protection – PVC outer layer + double layers bubble bags. Refer to the 2rd picture
- ★ANTI-IMPACT BOTTLE SLEEVE – Double layers premium thick bubble bags padding provide enclosure for extra cushion, as well as their tough, sturdy, thick vinyl(PVC) exterior wrap to prevent breakage in transit shipping .No worries. LET YOUR WINE FLY LIKE AN ANGEL!
- ★TRIPLE SEAL LEAKPROOF – Double ziplock and Velcro seal to keep bag air tight and luggage safe from bottle breakage. If a bottle is accidentally crushed by a violent impact, liquid will not leak out of the bag and mess up your luggage.
16. Travel journal
A travel journal is the perfect gift for the person who loves to write a record of their trips, or who enjoys sketching or simply jotting down the details of their holiday.
Personally, I’m a fan of a simple Moleskin notebook. They fit neatly into a handbag and the paper is good quality.
This Elan field notebook is apparently indestructible: it’s waterproof, tear-proof and weatherproof. This mindful travel journal encourages travellers to use creative thinking and mindfulness techniques to record their journey.
- CLASSIC MOLESKINE NOTEBOOK: Moleskine classic notebooks are perfect notebooks for writing journals, a daily diary, or note taking in college classes or meetings. Moleskine notebooks are beloved by travelers & bullet journalists for their slim design.
- DURABLE COVER & ELASTIC CLOSURE: Hold writing projects & notes in your Moleskine notebook with an elastic closure band & inner storage folders. Leather-like classic Moleskine cover & thick, ivory paper pages are perfect for writing with fountain pens.
- GIFT QUALITY NOTEBOOKS: Moleskine planners, journals and notebooks come in hardcover or softcover and colors like black, red, blue, green and brown. The binding and cover have a durable finish, designed for daily journaling, writing and sketching.
17. Noise-cancelling headphones
Babies on planes. Snorers. The guy in the seat in front cackling at the movie. We’ve all wanted to shut out these annoying noises on a long-haul flight and the only way to really do it well is with noise-cancelling headphones.
With noise-cancelling headphones, you can be alone – even if you’re on a crowded train, bus or plane.
These Bose headphones are wireless, lightweight and comfortable, so they can be worn all day long.
- LEGENDARY NOISE CANCELLATION: Effortlessly combines noise cancelling headphones technology with passive features so you can shut off the outside world, quiet distractions, and take music beyond the beat
- PREMIUM COMFORT: Plush earcup cushions softly hug your ears, while a secure and comfortable padded band gently keeps your over ear headphones in place for those extra-long listening sessions
- 2 LISTENING MODES: These wireless Bluetooth headphones feature Quiet and Aware Modes that let you toggle between full noise cancelling or full awareness of your surroundings for seamless sound control
18. Cocktail set
Have a friend who’s always whipping up cocktails from scratch? (PS. Who are they – I want to be their friend!) Then they’ll love this travel bartender kit.
This 17-piece kit has everything they need (except the booze) to mix, pound, stir, shake, swizzle, strain and pour the perfect cocktail.
Bonus: it’s all stored in a very sophisticated bartender roll.
- Everything You Need (Except For The Booze) » 17-Piece ALL-INCLUSIVE bartending kit of top shelf bar accessories and a stylish carry-on bartender roll. Will give you the power to whip up impressive cocktails for your guests. Whether you’re an amateur bartender or a drink mixing guru, whether you’re setting up a bar at home or at work – Our portable cocktail mixer set is a brilliant way to hit the ground running.
- Carry Your Tools Like A Boss Â» Hand-crafted rustic-style bartender tote bag, carefully designed with extra inner straps and compartments to keep your Boston shaker and other barware tools organized and accessible at all times -> With 27 different pockets and fixed straps, you can fit any tools combination or even carry your liquor bottle. Wear your bag with style and comfort, carry it by the handle or with the attached shoulder strap.
- Impressive Gift For Cocktail Lovers: First-class mixology kit plus a stylish canvas bar bag, both packed together inside a classy gift box. Whether it’s an anniversary, wedding, Christmas, Father’s day or any other occasion, your recipient will be thrilled like a child in a candy store. The one gift they’ll surely cherish. Plus, to make things truly delicious, we’ll throw in a Lewis ice bag for an icy experience.
19. Bluetooth speaker
Many people head to the great outdoors for silence, to listen to nature and escape noise. But others love having music as they explore new hiking trails or set up camp or hang out on the beach.
A portable bluetooth speaker is a great gift idea for the latter group. Most speakers are lightweight and some are even waterproof, which means they can use it in the shower or by the pool.
- [ PUNCHY BASS & 360° SURROUND SOUND ] For COMISO blue tooth speaker, distinct mids and highs from our two precision acoustic drivers delivers excellent stereo sound and enhanced bass from our proprietary passive bass radiator design, helps the speakers deliver transparent bass with great extension, while reducing distortion. So you can fill your room with rich, full-bodied sound. Comiso speakers emit exceptional 360° audio.
- [ ASTONISHING SOUND LOUDER VOLUME ] X26 portable speaker is a compact, room-friendly music player engineered to deepen every listening experience. Distortion-free at maximum volume, perfect for home, dorm room, kitchen, bathroom, car, parties. Streaming music or audio book services from your smartphone and audio device.
20. Picnic basket
On a beautiful warm day, there’s nothing better than heading to a park with some friends or family for a relaxed picnic. But then comes the issue of finding non-breakable plates and cups, and then a bag to fit them in. And there’s the inevitable knife or fork that goes missing.
A picnic basket solves all those issues! You can opt for a traditional wicker picnic basket, or something easy to carry like this “picnic backpack”, both of which hold enough for four people. Another option is a picnic cooler bag to keep your food fresh.
- Size is 17.8″ X 11.8″ X 7″. Including 4 X Stainless steel tableware service set(knife, fork and spoon), 4 X 7″ Melamine plates, 4 X PS wine glasses, 4 X Matching napkins. One extra picnic blanket 57″ X 47.2″ .
- Waterproof blanket
- Unique cooler compartment
- Safe material and steady construction
- The eye-catching suitcase style wicker hamper
21. Pocket blanket
Ever been out for a walk and you feel like sitting down but the grass is wet? This pocket blanket is what’s needed.
This teeny-tiny blanket folds to a square just a little bigger than a matchbox. It’s so small you can keep it in your bag (or pocket) at all times. It’s waterproof and it’s been pretty handy for us a few times when we’ve been travelling (although I still struggle to fold it back into its teeny tiny bag!).
- POCKET BLANKET DIMENSIONS: Unfolded – Blanket measures 63 X 44 inches. Folded – 4.5 x 2.7 x 1.1 inches. Weighs 3.5 ounces.ÊMINI POCKET BLANKET DIMENSIONS: Unfolded – The blanket measures 44 X 28 inches. Folded – 3 x 1.6 x 0.8 inches. Weighs 1.3 ounces.Ê
- WATERPROOF MATERIAL: This nylon blanket with PU coating provides the perfect waterproof seating for 2 to 4 adults.ÊMini size seats 1 to 2 adults.
22. Camera strap
A super affordable gift for a travelling photographer is a camera strap. I love this flower-patterned camera strap a friend gifted to me (even though my husband says it’s too girly for him to use).
More professional photographers or people with quality camera gear will appreciate this heavy-duty camera strap from Peak Design.
- Soft and vivid design. This camera strap is made of high quality cotton fabric which comes with a very nice vivid pattern. This DSLR/SLR camera strap allows the camera users to have nice compliments when perform the picturing.
- Being compatible with Most Cameras by the universal application. This camera neck shoulder strap comes with universal clips, which is compatible with most DSLR/SLR/Digital Camera/Instant Camera.
A Kindle is a great gift to buy someone who loves to read. These lightweight devices can hold dozens of books.
There are a few questions to consider if you’re thinking about buying a Kindle for someone. How many books will they read on their trip? Do they prefer the feel of a real book? Will they have access to electricity so they can keep it charged?
I love my Kindle (which is a much older, heavier version) but I also love flipping through the pages of a book, so I alternate between the two.
- Kindle Paperwhite – Now with a 6.8” display and thinner borders, adjustable warm light, up to 10 weeks of battery life, and 20% faster page turns.
- Purpose-built for reading – With a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper, even in bright sunlight.
- More books in more places – Store thousands of titles, then take them all with you. A single charge via USB-C lasts weeks, not hours.
- Easy on the eyes – Now with adjustable warm light to shift screen shade from white to amber.
- Waterproof reading – Built to withstand accidental immersion in water, so you’re good from the beach to the bath.
Give someone a reminder of their favourite city or quote with a print that they can put on their wall. Etsy has so many prints online you’re bound to find something.
25. Leather luggage tag
These gorgeous leather luggage tags can be personalised with images, quotes and colours and are a great idea for a stocking stuffer gift. A leather tag helps any suitcase or bag stand out on the chaotic luggage carousel.
So, there you have it, plenty of gift ideas to consider. I hope something in this gift guide will help you to buy a present for that special someone in your life who is obsessed with travelling!
What’s on your wish list? Let me know in the comments below if there’s something you love that I should add to this gift guide.
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Save this travel gift guide to Pinterest and make your shopping a breeze!
Featured image by Kira auf der Heide on Unsplash